Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Fun


What can I say, this winter has been lovely!  Today we were able to go out yet again and enjoy the sunshine.  It's still chilly but it just feels good to be outdoors!  We started the day with my famous homemade pancakes (thanks Rachell for the recipe!) and headed outdoors at about 9:30 a.m.  Yes, early for some but in our house, usually everyone is up by 7-7:30 a.m. at the latest.  First on the agenda, the driveway needed to be decorated.  We pulled out the 3D chalk the boys got as a gift for their birthdays and got to work!  Ethan had fun writing his spelling words in bright colors and then of course drew characters from the movie "Cars".  Bryce colored in my drawings for me (I drew a crab and some fish LOL).  Next stop, shootin' hoops and then I decided to give the boys bats, balls and mits I had purchased on clearance a while back.  Nothing wrong with a little spoiling!  They had a blast practicing playing catch and hitting the ball with their bats.  Since Isaac was napping while we were out playing, once he woke up, him and I headed out for a walk while the older boys took a nap.  Isaac LOVES to be in the stroller and literally talks up a storm the whole time.  We finished off the day with making homemade pizza while daddy was out at a going away party for one of his co-workers who is deploying to Iraq in two weeks.. The boys love pepperoni, pineapple and olives on Ethan's half and I have to say, this has become my new favorite combination!  Add in a game of Toy Story Yahtzee before bed and we had a perfect day in.

2 comments:

CaSandra said...

PERFECT DAY INDEED!

I'm so glad that Ken was able to be home this weekend and spend some time with the boys... and top it off with homemade pizza... seriously, what more could the boys ask for?

Unknown said...

What an awesome day you had:) Such great memories you are creating for your kids! We too have been enjoying this milder weather and have taken advantage. We so need to get all the boys together sometime!