Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh how I love my boys!

As I start my day with Ethan coming over to my side of the bed and gently kissing my nose to wake me up with a "good morning mama!", snuggle for a few minutes in bed with him before hearing Bryce on the monitor and as I go into his room I hear "mornin" I think to myself, I AM SO BLESSED! God has blessed us not only with a wonderful marriage, but with two beautiful healthy boys and a wonderful family. Ethan and Bryce have made me into a better person, all the best of me comes out when I am with them. I want nothing more than to spend every minute just loving on them, chasing them, playing trains, letting them climb on me like a jungle gym and just snuggle with them for however long they will let me before moving on to their next adventure! I see how fast they are growing up and frequently catch myself just staring at them thinking, where did my babies go? I have really been working on prioritizing my life in order to make as much time for them as possible, which is why I changed jobs and now go to work just before they go to bed and am home just after they wake up. I don't want to have any regrets that I didn't spend enough time with them, that I shouldn't have spent so much time on the computer, that I shouldn't have worked so much when I didn't have to. I just don't want to miss anything because they seem to change in the blink of an eye!!!

I found this quote and fell in love with it "Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice."

1 comment:

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

ah, That makes me cry! That is so sweet. I like that quote too.