Sunday, June 7, 2009

Catching Up On Blogging






While the hubby is out fishing after an extremely busy weekend I figured I had better catch up on my blogging, post some pictures, etc. First, let me say we have settled on this little man's name. Because the boys are now talking to my belly and referring to the baby as Isaac, we are going to oblige and let them name him! It is the sweetest thing to hear and literally brought tears to my eyes the first time Ethan wanted to talk to him. He said "Hi Isaac, I love you and I miss you. I can't wait til you come out and I can show you the toy room". It was so sweet and then Bryce followed with "Hi Isaac, I love you and I can't wait to see you." So, that being said, the baby's name will be Isaac Gregory.

We also found out on the 19th that my sis-in-law is expecting a BOY! Peyton Christopher is due Oct. 16th. That will make the count 6 grandsons to 1 granddaughter in the family!

On Wednesday, May 20th the boys and I headed down to Redmond, OR with one of my best friends to stay with her through Saturday. We drove down, just the two of us and 5 kids! Surprisingly we made it there uneventfully and only having to stop twice. It was amazing! Ken drove down and picked us up and we returned home safely.

While we were gone, the contractors began working on our downstairs which has been unfinished since we bought the house brand new three years ago. Their supplier dropped off supplies on Thursday, May 21st and began work first thing Friday morning. By the end of the day Friday they had hung ALL the drywall, taped and put the first coat of mud on. Since I wasn't home to witness it myself, Ken sent me pictures from his Blackberry and boy was I excited to see such progress!

After we returned home Memorial Day weekend, we laid low for the most part and just enjoyed the gorgeous weather! The contractors returned on Monday to sand and mud again and finished the job on Tuesday by texturing. They did an absolutely amazing job!

No comments: