After putting Isaac back to bed around 2 a.m. I snuck their baskets into their rooms so they would find them when they woke up. However, Ethan decided to wake up around 3 a.m. and came running upstairs with his basket saying "the Easter bunny came!" I promptly told him it was not time to get up yet but he could sleep on the couch if he was too excited to go back to his room. Bryce then woke up at 7 a.m. and woke myself and Ethan up and they couldn't wait to tear into their baskets!
And what do you think their favorite gift was? Now they can't wait for it to rain so they can test out their umbrellas!
We kicked the morning off by enjoying homemade pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, I thought I would just "wing it" when it came to the recipe since I have made it so many times and wouldn't you know, I left out the sugar! I guess we made up for it with the strawberries and whipped cream. We had some extra hotcakes so I made a nice little plate for both my mom and dad and walked them down to their house in my pjs. Yes, I threw a hoodie on over my pjs and slipped on some nice black shoes...hopefully none of the neighbors happened to be looking out their window when I walked by carrying two plates of pancakes! LOL. Then off we went to church, where we were to meet up with the rest of the family. We missed my oldest brother and his family but the rest of the gang was there. The service was amazing and we left there feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. BUT, not before a giant Easter egg hunt! The kids were broken into age groups and hundreds of eggs were hidden in different desginated areas for them. We ended up with a grocery sack nearly half full of candy and to top it off, one of Ethan's eggs had a "golden ticket" which won him a GIANT solid chocolate bunny. Just what he needed. And, since every child got to go to the prize table, Bryce also got a nice sized fudge-filled bunny. Goodness gracious, we just finished off Halloween and Valentine's candy! I filled a couple of mason jars this evening and I am going to keep one and send one to Ken's work. We then came home and put the kids down for naps (except for Isaac since he had fallen asleep during the tail end of the service and also in the car) and took some time to relax before heading to my parents' house for dinner and an egg hunt with the cousins. Isaac was finally able to tear into his Easter basket since he slept until it was almost time to leave for church.When the boys woke up, we packed up and headed to my mom and dad's for Easter with the family. My favorite item I stuffed plastic eggs with is the new Koolaid fizzy tablets. The kids think they are so fun and it's much better than candy! We had dinner and then it was off for an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. We hid somewhere around 50 eggs, both plastic and hard-boiled.
After the hunt, we came back in to make Rice Krispy Treat eggs. The kids each got a piece of parchment paper and a spoonful of Rice Krispy marshmellow goo (yes, we even buttered each of their hands to prevent sticking).
The kids formed their spoonfuls into egg shapes and then dipped half in white or milk chocolate and then into sprinkles. They were a little too excited to wait for them to dry to taste them, especially Paisley...
I was so happy to get some pictures with the boys since I am usually the one behind the camera. We had such a wonderful day!!









1 comment:
I love that you personalized the boy's baskets!
And... I'm jealous... I would LOVE to be in a picture with Kensley, but I always seem to be on the other side of the camera :)
Glad that you got to spend the day with your family; guess I never got the connection just how close you live to your parents; that's GREAT!
P.S. Kensley also got an umbrella - it's thundering now, so MAYBE she'll get to use it soon!
Post a Comment