Monday, June 23, 2008

We're Godparents!

I got the most amazing gift this evening from my brother and his wife. They came over tonight to give me my birthday present--I knew it was going to be something special because I wasn't allowed to open it until both of them were here. I opened up the gift bag to pull out a small box and inside it was a laser-engraved plaque with the following message:

"Although I am small and cannot say a word, these thoughts of my family I wish could be heard...I feel all your love and the kind things you do. I get so excited that I smile and coo. A soapy warm bath or the comb through my hair, all your soft whispers that tell me you care. Then wrapped in your arms it is safe and secure, protected with tenderness that is perfect and pure. They say I'll grow fast like the blink of an eye, but do not be sad at the time that goes by. Because I'll remember all you've given and shared to get me through life completely prepared. I'll be the great one who stands out in the crowd, your hearts will be happy, I'll make you so proud. I thank you so much for all that you do and never forget EVERYONE needs Godparents like you!"

When I got to the end and read the word "Godparents" I couldn't help but cry. I feel so honored that we would be chosen for such an important job. Brad and Teia had talked it over with Kenny beforehand (although what's to talk about!) Kenny and I are thrilled to be Paisley's Godparents! I love that little girl as if she were my own.

Brad and Teia, if you are reading this--THANK YOU for the most heart-warming, thoughtful gift I could have ever received. We love you.

3 comments:

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

OMG, that is the sweetest thing ever! I wish I had a relationship with my half/step siblings like that.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Reading this makes me want to cry..I'm so honored to have you both as Paisleys Godparents,and know you will be the best people for this!
THANK-YOU!
Love ya's

Lateshia said...

HOW EXCITING! What a wonderful gift! Congrats!