Monday, August 18, 2008

Life has been a whirlwind!

While the hubby is out working on a scheduled late-night project and the wind is blowing like crazy, prompting Ethan to come out of his room every 5 minutes, I thought I'd take a few minutes to blog. These past couple weeks have just flown by! We have been working like crazy to get our front and back porch/deck pressure washed and stained, as well as our entire 6-foot wood fence. Boy is that exhausting work! So far we've managed to get the entire front porch washed and stained as well as over half the back deck and stairs. We plan on renting a sprayer to do the fence so we can get it done pretty quickly. Our next focus will then be finishing the downstairs. So far we've only got the bathroom completed. I've been keeping busy at work, picking up extra shifts here and there to pay people back for helping me get the time off for my brother's wedding and I picked up a full day shift Sunday to help out as well. A nurse graciously "HUC'd" for me on Saturday night so I could take the night off and spend time with my family as Brad prepared for deployment. We all had a wonderful time just hanging out together, we took some family pics, played some intense volleyball and then everyone went out afterwards (except for me because I had worked 12 hours, came home, slept for two hours and then spent 4-1/2 hours in the 100+ degree heat taking pics at a friend's wedding before heading to Brad's going away party). My poor feet looked like Fred Flintstone's feet...can you say CANKLES?!?!

I've taken the boys to two movies in the last two weeks which they have done surprisingly well with. I was disappointed with the first movie we went to "Speed Racer" as I felt there was content unsuitable for kids Ethan's age, i.e. one of the little kids flipped off the "bad guys" and there was also some gun violence. Just something I didn't expect in a PG movie! Today we went and saw "Kung Fu Panda" which was a great little movie. It was PACKED! Bryce was a little squirmy and only screamed a couple times LOL (only because Ethan wouldn't let him hold the bag of popcorn). It's been fun to take them out and do something different.

Well, it is now almost 10 o'clock and Ethan is still popping into the living room every few minutes--the wind is now accompanied by "blinking" a.k.a. lightening.

4 comments:

Lateshia said...

Oh wow! I have yet to tke my kids to a movie!!! lol. I heard Kung Fu Panda was pretty cute though.

Thinks4Herself said...

We took Noah to see Kung Fu Panda, too, and it was great! We all 3 really enjoyed it, even Dan who is not exactly a kid. I saw him laughing though. hahaha

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

You've been quiet on here...how's it going?

Anonymous said...

I tagged you on my blog. Come check out my blog to see the rules.